How to get perfectly aligned teeth with Clear Aligners
Everyone deserves a great smile, but some need a little help getting there. An ever-increasing number of adults have chosen to straighten their teeth and enhance their smiles with clear aligners. If you have visible gaps in your teeth, tipped or slanted teeth or overlapping teeth, perfecting your smile with clear braces, or clear aligner presents a new world of possibility, without the inconvenience and potential embarrassment of metal brackets.
Clear aligners function by applying carefully measured force to move your teeth to a new position, thereby gently guiding the teeth to adjust by remodeling the bone. Each set of aligners is an extraordinary 3D-printed model of the teeth intended to move them into different positions en route to the ideal final position for a more perfect smile.
Patients with crooked teeth who want to improve the appearance of their smile but are reluctant to correct their smile using metal brackets and wires should consider clear aligners. There are many clear aligners on the market today, Invisalign being one of them, that offer an alternative that’s much less noticeable when you are undergoing treatment.
Aligners put gentle pressure on your teeth and enable small movements over a gradual period of time. You may expect the aligners to snap on and start to move your teeth immediately. However, that’s not the complete picture. As clear aligners are not directly connected to the teeth like braces are, attachments, which are little pressure points, are needed. These attachments are tooth-colored bumps that will be made to bond to your teeth during your treatment. Their shape and placement will depend on the required movement.
The pressure from aligners is transferred from the roots to the jaws. Essentially, your jawbone responds to pressure, moves the sockets and guides your teeth into the proper position.
Additionally, it is also important to note that while clear aligners can tackle minor to complex cases, extreme cases requiring challenging movements may call for conventional orthodontic solutions. That way, you get your ideal outcome so you can get the most for your investment and reach your goal in a reasonable amount of time.
With clear aligners, you can get perfectly aligned teeth in six to twelve months in most cases.
- Consult with your dentist to determine if clear aligners are suitable for you.
- Your dental impressions will be taken to the lab to fabricate them to make a custom-made clear aligner.
- The initial fitting of the clear aligner is done.
- You have to wear the aligner 20-22 hours a day, changing to a new set of aligners every 1 to 2 weeks.
- You’ll need to do regular checks every two weeks with your dentist for any necessary adjustments that may be required.
In six to twelve months, you will be able to show off a set of well-aligned teeth, enabling a new, radiant smile.
Clear aligners have more to offer than the same old traditional braces. One of the best benefits to consider is that they are virtually invisible. Apart from yourself and your dentist, no one else can see that you are straightening your teeth.
- The time it takes for Clear Aligner to give you results is typically faster when compared to traditional braces. Clear aligners can often do the job in six to twelve months.
- Clear aligners can effectively and discreetly align front teeth.
- Even during the treatment phase, the clear braces are removable, meaning you’ll need to wear them only for a certain amount of time every day. You can remove them to eat and drink.
- Once you achieve your perfectly aligned teeth, you will notice an improvement in your overall oral health and wellness because straight teeth will be easier to brush and floss. You will also be able to see all surfaces of your teeth properly.
- Teeth move when consistent forces are applied. It is therefore very important to wear your aligners for 22 hours every day. Otherwise, you will prolong treatment and may not achieve the desired outcome.
- Follow the aligner change schedule recommended by your dentist.
- Check the fit of your aligners and if concerned, feel free to contact your dentist for assistance.
- Remember that it’s difficult to precisely predict the number of aligners it will take to reach your goal. Attempt to keep an open mind and be adaptable.
If you have been wondering about clear aligners, clear braces or “invisible” braces in the Grand Rapids, MI area, rest assured that your Midtowne dentist Dr. Burton and his team at Midtowne Smiles, are ready with the required expertise. Dr. Burton will assess your teeth, recommend a solution and deliver treatment, working with you to achieve your goals.
At Midtowne Smiles, Dr. Burton and his team work hard to ensure you get answers and solutions for all dental health, comfort and appearance. Midtowne Smiles can assist you with clear braces for teeth straightening and with other cosmetic dentistry treatments, such as dental bonding, dental veneers, inlays, and onlays, teeth whitening, and more. If you need to straighten your teeth to improve your smile’s appearance, schedule your appointment with us today!
Call us today or complete our online appointment form. We will be happy to help your smile reach its full potential with clear aligners.